The Assembly Rooms have a mobility lift to allow access to the first floor hall for wheelchair users and people with limited mobility.
We regret that no dogs are allowed, except for guide dogs.
Public Transport Information
Barton-upon-Humber is accessible from the South by train. The Assembly Rooms is within a 10 minute walk of a main bus-stop in the Market Place.
Public Transport information can be found at:
– www.stagecoachbus.com – the Humber Flyer runs a frequent service between Scunthorpe, Barton and Hull.
– www.eyms.co.uk – East Yorkshire Motor Services run buses into Hull from across East Yorkshire.
Visiting us by car
The Assembly Rooms has roadside parking. To reach us:
- From Brigg Road (B1218) Follow the B1218 over the bridge crossing the A15 towards Barton. Continue to the end of the road and turn right at then immediately left at the George pub. Continue to the end of the street and turn left. Take the first right onto Queen Street following signs to Wilderspin National School; the Assembly Rooms is the large building on the left hand side of the street.
- From the A15 (Northbound) – Take the exit immediately before the Humber Bridge. Take the 3rd exit on the roundabout. Take the second exit at the small roundabout, and at the mini roundabout at the end of the road take the 2nd exit onto High Street. Carry on past the shops and turn left onto Queen Street, following signs to Wilderspin National School; the Assembly Rooms is the large building on the left hand side of the street.
- From the A15 (Southbound) – Take the exit immediately after the Humber Bridge. Take the 1st exit on the roundabout and follow the A1077. From here follow the instructions for number 2
- From Scunthorpe (A1077) – Following the A1077, take the second exit on the large roundabout where it meets the A15. From here follow the instructions for number 2.