Museum Opening Times:
March- October Thursday – Sunday & Bank Holidays 12pm – 4pm.
November – February Saturday – Sunday 12pm – 4pm
Admission is free.
Open by appointment for group bookings and school visits. Group visits may carry a small charge – please contact us for more details.
The museum aims to allow access for wheelchair users and people with limited mobility wherever possible. Access to the ground floor and outbuildings is available to all. However, due to the historic nature of the building, first floor areas have limited access. Please contact the museum for further information.
We regret that no dogs are allowed, except for guide dogs.
Tourist information leaflets are available for the local area in the museum entrance.
Public Transport Information
Barton-upon-Humber is accessible from the South by train. The museum is within a 5 minute walk of a main bus-stop in the Market Place.
Public Transport information can be found at:
– www.stagecoachbus.com – the Humber Flyer runs a frequent service between Scunthorpe, Barton and Hull.
– www.eyms.co.uk – East Yorkshire Motor Services run buses into Hull from across East Yorkshire.
Visiting us by car
The museum has plenty of parking directly in front of the museum. The car park is a flat and level surface.
- From Brigg Road (B1218) Follow the B1218 over the bridge crossing the A15 towards Barton. As you pass the Barton-upon-Humber sign you will see a park on your left and signs to the Leisure Centre. Continue past here and take the next Left onto Preston Lane. Just before the end of the road take a sharp right through the large brick gateposts. You are welcome to park anywhere in this area. Parking is free.
- From the A15 (Northbound) – Take the exit immediately before the Humber Bridge. Take the 3rd exit on the roundabout. Take the second exit at the small roundabout, and at the mini roundabout at the end of the road take the 3rd exit onto Holydyke. Go through the marketplace, then at the crossroads turn right onto Caistor Road. Take the first right onto Preston Lane and enter the park through the large brick gateway.
- From the A15 (Southbound) – Take the exit immediately after the Humber Bridge. Take the 1st exit on the roundabout and follow the A1077. From here follow the instructions for number 2.
- From Scunthorpe (A1077) – Following the A1077, take the second exit on the large roundabout where it meets the A15. From here follow the instructions for number 2.